Sunday, December 18, 2011

Recipe #2 - Cottontail Berry Smoothie

When I'm hanging out with my family, especially on warmer days, I really like to make us smoothies!  I made this one when we were about to sit down to watch Rango (I enjoyed the movie).  My Dad coined the name "Cottontail" because of the white yogurt-bottom of this smoothie that makes it look extra cute.  Even though it's winter now, it's never out of season to have a smoothie! ;)

Makes 4 servings

You'll need:
Your favorite vanilla yogurt, about a cup
Your favorite berry yogurt , about 1/3 cup (place in the freezer at least an hour before making)
Frozen cherries, about two cups
Fresh blueberries, 1/2 cup
Fresh raspberries, 1/4 cup
2 strawberries

Get out four small glasses and put about a 1/2 an inch of vanilla yogurt at the bottom of each.  Put the rest of the yogurt into the blender.  Add the rest of the yogurt and blend.  Add ice if you want a different consistency.  Blend until smooth and pour into the "cottontailed" glasses.

Enjoy! :)

In order to make this smoothie as healthy as possible, I suggest reading the ingredients lists of the yogurts you choose and try to find one that has as little sugar added as possible!

[Pictures coming soon!]

No comments:

Post a Comment